Help: BIND 8.2.2_P5 hangs on Red Hat 6.2

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Oct 20 22:33:21 UTC 2000

I've seen similar symptoms on a Solaris box that was being swamped with
NTP UDP packets. I think you're just overwhelming your network buffer
capacity with all of those UDP packets (in your case, because of all the
syslogging). Maybe you can tune the networking stack or redistribute the
syslog traffic.

- Kevin