Restricting Zone transfer with Bind 4 on NT

muheeb muheeb at sahara.com.sa
Sun Oct 22 13:08:52 UTC 2000

Len,

Bind 4.9.5
NT4 with SP6a

thanks fo the URL...I've added the directive xfrnets and added another which
is options no recursive. But, a problem occured at the system, when I
checked my application log it says unknown directive and it stopped
resovling anything on the Internet.

I've removed both lines and now everything is working fine. But, my
secondary is not resolving any host names when I do a DNS query. I've
checked the log and here what is says.

db.cache: error code = 2.
db.127.0.0: error code = 2.

These are the two error messages that I am getting..

any ideas???

I am also trying to setup a DNS for caching purposes only is there any
issues regarding that. I am also looking at upgrading to Bind 8.8.5 port.

Muheeb