Now what....

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Oct 24 02:38:34 UTC 2000

		Yes you need the conf files otherwise it doesn't know what to do.
  I suggest you go to Len Conrad's site at:

http://bind8nt.meiway.com/

  which will give you the basics on setting up a BIND server on Win NT /2K.
  I have to assume that you built the BIND 8.2.2-P5 kit for the ISC Sources,
  though you don't mention it.  You might want to pick up my binaries of
  the 8.2.3-T6B BIND for NT which I have made available on the Download
  page of Len's site listed above.  It contains fixes for a lot of problems
  that were encountered in the 8.2.2-P5 release for NT.  It also contains the
  basic DNS tools that you need for NT: nslookup, dig, host. While
8.2.3-T6B is
  still a Beta of the 8.2.3 code, I think it is a lot more stable, reliable
and less
  buggy than the 8.2.2-P5 code, at least for NT/2K.

  NOTE: Errors and informational messages go into the Event Log.  Use the
  event viewer to find out what went wrong.

			Danny