How to add static entry for non-authoritative domain?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Oct 25 21:26:18 UTC 2000

You didn't describe your setup very well. I'm assuming you have global
forwarding set up to a firewall or DMZ/external server. If so, then to
"block" forwarding for this particular domain, define it as a zone on
your nameserver with a type of slave, stub or forward, pointing to an
authoritative internal nameserver for the domain. If you opt for slave or
stub, and the domain has subzones and you don't care to
slave/stub/forward all of them, then specify "forwarders { }" for the
zone to override the global forwarding for the whole domain.

- Kevin