Name Server for local machine

Sumit Mehrotra sumit at cs.bu.edu
Thu Oct 26 00:40:34 UTC 2000

That is right, I am trying to use the root.hints file. I tried removing it and the forwarding from the named.conf and ran the daemon again. On running nslookup (without options) I got the follwoing error :

*** Can't find server name for address <IP of my machine>: Server failed
*** Default servers are not available

Am I doing something wrong? (I know I am, beacuse it's not working :)

Could anyone, please, point me to a correct resource for setting up a dns for the local machine, if the HOWTO is for "dialup users"?

Thanks
- Sumit