DNSSEC in the world ?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Oct 26 08:41:50 UTC 2000

% so, this will get some questions.
% 1. Is DNSSEC supported by root dns server ?
% 2. how many dns server in the world use DNSSEC ?
% 3. can I use DNSSEC, without sign by my parent ?
% 4. is all part of DNSSEC is complete in bind9 ?

	1. Not currently (too many unknowns0
	2. a small handful, less than 100
	3. yes
	4. the framework is there & most of the tools.
	   some things need -much- more operational testing
	   and debugging before production use.

There have been a number of workshops in Europe and the US
on how to use dnssec. Discussions are underway on how to
get some feedback from the Asian region. I'm trying to get
a workshop established for the upcoming Apricot mtg.

--
--bill