/var/log/messages

digitalconscious.com mjs at digitalconscious.com
Sat Oct 28 22:35:42 UTC 2000

I restarted the named daemon and then went and checked the log file and
received this message ...

Oct 28 19:22:12 digitalconsciousness named-xfer[1363]: can't make tmpfile
(netsurveillance.com.db.tyP6MP): Permission Denied$
Oct 28 19:22:12 digitalconsciousness named-xfer[1364]: can't make tmpfile
(canadianartizan.com.db.ExKuPQ): Permission Denied$
Oct 28 19:22:12 digitalconsciousness named-xfer[1365]: can't make tmpfile
(semackenze.com.db.TSxsRR): Permission Denied $

Is there a reason why I'm getting permission denied errors when it tries to
create temp files for these other zones??

and why such strange extensions on the zone temp files ?? or is that
correct?( canadianartizan.com.db.ExKuPQ }

I have 3 slaves in my named.conf file,...and it should suck his info back to
me,...right??

I would appreciate any help with this....

Thanks in advance

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat