/var/log/messages

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Oct 31 02:22:02 UTC 2000

> Im sending this problen out again, i didn't quite understand the solution
> that was givin...i checked the /usr/sbin/named-xfer and group and ownership
> is named-xfer which from what i was told should be,..and the named daemon is
> owned by root,..and group is root

	It is the ownership and permission of the directory listed in the
	options block in named.conf, taking into concideration any chroot
	arguements, vs the user-id the process is running as (-u user-id).

	e.g.
	options {
		directory "/var/named";
	};

	named -u user-id

	Does "user-id" have permission to write to "/var/named"?

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com