ARGH! response to localhost, no response to remote hosts

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Fri Sep 1 02:40:06 UTC 2000

That is the DELEGATION, ie the NS records your parent zone =
(newzletter.com)
has for your subdomain dev.newzletter.com.

Everyone who does not know about your zone's nameservers (yet) has to =
follow
the delegation down, and thus sees those two nameservers listed.=20

You will have to ensure that ns.newzletter.com also is authoritative for =
your
subzone, or that your parent zone lists the correct nameservers (PLURAL: =
you need
at least 2, by rights in different locations too [RFC2182 Section 3.1]) =
in the
delegation.