Bind 9.0.0 configuration problems in Solaris 8

Ling Ling llchan at eweb-asia.com
Wed Sep 20 04:57:30 UTC 2000

Dear all,

I have a problem in running ./configure on Solaris 8 machine. The error message that appeared on the screen was

# ./configure
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `suntest': machine `suntest'
not recognized

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... ./configure: make: not found
no
checking for ranlib... :
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for ar... no
configure: error:
ar program not found.  Please fix your PATH to include the directory in
which ar resides, or set AR in the environment with the full path to ar.

I will appreciate if anyone can drop me a few lines. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chan