forwarders overriding zone delegation.

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 22 23:28:30 UTC 2000

Thanks, Joe,
but I don't understand your reply.
If *I* delegate a sub-domain, then *I* *know* who the NS are.
Why should I have to resort to an internal forward zone, *or* a stub
zone.

>I can pull in all the delegations I want through my firewall,

I was referring to "internal" delegations.

>I still won't be able to access them unless I default to forwarding
>through my firewall.

So, in that case, you wouldn't be able to use my "new" option,
just as you might not be able to use any of a number of the other
options
in a particular environment.  But, I would guess that there are far more
internal delegations than "external".

Are you saying that the problem is that once the data is loaded, he
can't distinguish between NS records for domains he delegated and
those he learned somewhere else?
If so, then I guess we would just need another bit to flag this domain
as one of our delegations.  After all, somehow he now flags a zone
as a forward zone.

I'm still don't see the technical reason for this.

Tks        | <mailto:Bob_Vance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511