"recursion no" option problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Sep 26 00:52:35 UTC 2000

If your nameserver is *only* serving master and/or slave zones to external
nameservers, then there shouldn't be any problem with "recursion no". But if
it's also being used for lookups by your own clients, for names outside of
your master or slave zones, then you need to allow recursion for those
clients, if you want those lookups to work. On later versions of BIND, you can
use the "allow-recursion" option to control which addresses are allowed to
recurse and which are not.

- Kevin