[C[CChange in the Syntax?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Sep 26 01:22:40 UTC 2000

> I must have a syntax problem in the db.120.0.0 file - but I think it's
> pretty much the same as I've used on other systems ... it looks like this:

	I presume named is complaining about the lack of NS records?
	It does help to post the actual error messages.

> @       IN      SOA     sruben.local.scalabletech.com. ruben.wynn.com. (
>                         1111 ; serial
>                         43200 ; refresh
>                         3600 ; retry
>                         2419200 ; expire
>                         86400 ; default_ttl
>                         )
> 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa            IN      NS      sruben.local.scalabletech.com
> .
> 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa          IN      PTR     localhost.
>
> Any clues as to the error?

	Yes.  Missing periods on the absolute owner names.

;$TTL 86400 ; uncomment for BIND 8.2 or later
@       IN      SOA     sruben.local.scalabletech.com. ruben.wynn.com. (
			1111 ; serial
			43200 ; refresh
			3600 ; retry
			2419200 ; expire
			86400 ; default_ttl
			)
@	IN	NS	sruben.local.scalabletech.com.
1	IN	PTR	localhost.

	Mark

	P.S. If you are not getting complaint about default TTLs with the
	above master file you should be upgrading.
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com