Possibly off-topic: java class to do name resolution?

lhcash at us.ibm.com lhcash at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 26 06:35:59 UTC 2000

Hi there,
     I know exactly jack about Java classes, since I don't write Java, but
a colleague asked me whether a beast of the following sort existed:

A simple java class which can do name lookups and can return records of a
specific sort, specifically sorted MX records.  If such a beast exists (or
something close enough that it can be hacked minimally to achieve the
desired result), I'd love to hear about it.  Will summarize and forward
private replies.

Thanks, Sandy

PS - many apologies for the rather off-topic post

--
Sandy Cash
Systems Programmer/Systems Administrator/Unix Geek
lhcash at us.ibm.com
(919) 254-6482 t/l 444