Tranfering Zones

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Sep 26 22:36:35 UTC 2000

This kind of stuff is really quite rude.  Understandable to some
degree, but rude.  This mailing list doesn't get much SPAM.  Knock on
wood.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 08:22:55PM +0000, Weeve wrote:
> Got a question hopefully someone can answer.  I'm using BIND 8.22p5 as the
> master DNS server and am attempting to use Windows NT's DNS Server as the
> secondaries.  What happens is when I try to update the zone on the NT box,
> it appears to do it sucessfully but none of the hosts from the primary
> appear, nor do they resolve.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are you doing to try to update the zone?  Initiate a zone transfer
from the master?  Why do you think the zone transfer appears
successful?

On the server that is master for the zone, have you checked whether any
errors appear in the 'syslog' output when that zone is loaded?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B