Possible DNS attack

Tippett, Jeff jtippett at insouth.com
Wed Sep 27 17:05:23 UTC 2000

I recently had a host send two packets filled with Z's to each of my DNS
servers. I am trying to figure out what this host was doing. Has anyone
experienced this before?

Thanks,
Jeff Tippett
INSOUTH Bank
mailto:jtippett at insouth.com

	This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information that
	is confidential to INSOUTH Bank . If you are not the intended
	recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.
	In such a case, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately
	and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions,
	conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
	not relate to the official business of INSOUTH Bank are neither given nor
	endorsed by it..