Very odd problems.

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 27 21:31:05 UTC 2000

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 02:44:23PM -0600, Bryan McClendon wrote:
> I am having what I consider to be strange problems with Bind at our
> site.

(1) Try compiling and using BIND 8.2.2-P5 or 8.2.3.  This sounds
similar to a problem reported with an earlier version.

(2) If a site can't resolve a name, it will "negative cache" the non-
response for a time that the domain determines.  If the site can't
resolve a domain, it gets the time from the parent domain, I think.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B