removing Domains

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Sep 29 19:59:08 UTC 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 02:03:18PM -0400, Pat Masterson wrote:
>  Joe, my suse linux system has nscd (about 8 processes) running on it. I
> was quite surprised to see this. -pat
>
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 09:59:07AM +0200, Martin Fries wrote:
> > > They disappeared (one day later)? Could it be that the "nscd" made some
> > > trouble?
> >
> > ???  I thought that 'nscd' was only on Solaris?

Well, it has been implicated in problems on Solaris.  I would expect it
would cause the same problems on Linux, if it is the same 'nscd'.  You
would need to clear the cache, which might require killing it and
re-starting it.  I've never used it.

I'll have to remember to look for it on recent distributions of Linux.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B