Re(3): Blinded root !

bind bind at invivo.edu
Sat Sep 2 09:24:36 UTC 2000

jim at rfc1035.com writes:
>    bind> [djr at romeo djr]$ nslookup . ns1.nic.fr
>
>Use dig!!! How many times do I have to tell you this?
>
>Throw nslookup in the bin and NEVER EVER USE IT AGAIN. nslookup is the
>cause of too much confusion and idiot DNS behaviour. The world will be
>a better place if everyone stopped using it and switched to a sensible
>DNS lookup tool like dig that actually works and provides clearly
>understandable outout.

I am totally convinced (be sure of that) and if now I still have to use
... (I even no longer dare to write its name down ;-) it is because I have
to configure my DNS before to obtain delegation of every new zone from the
French NIC in accordance to their requirements which are obviously based
on the use of ..look.. !
However thank you very much for your detailed explanations the world is a
better place for me today.

Regards