ENC: Non-authoritative Answer

Marcelo Sequeiros mseq at tintainvisivel.com.br
Tue Sep 5 13:15:07 UTC 2000

Hi Friends,

    I've got a little trouble.
    I also looked for an answer in old files from this mailling list as I looked
over the Net. Unhapily, I couldn't understood my matter and couldn't know how to
fix.

    I have a domain called tintainvisivel.com.br published on the Name Servers
from my ISP. I had some trouble with it and I'm trying to set 2 of my Linux
Machines to respond NS Queries. Unfortunately since I got all the configuration
done on the primary one, every query I do with the NSLOOKUP returns
"Non-authoritative Answer".

    These are my files:
        The named.conf is the boot file from named
        The tintainvisivel.com.br is my zone info
        The 100.225.200 is my reverse.

    I don't know if it has some relatioship between the error and the fact that
I don't have the entire C Class, I have only one subnet from the C Class. This
Class is owned by my ISP.

Thanx in Advance
Um abraço,
Marcelo Sequeiros
Gerente Técnico
Tinta Invisível

/* named.conf */

options
{
    directory "/var/named";
};

logging
{
    category lame-servers { null; };
    category cname { null; };
};

zone "tintainvisivel.com.br"    in  { type master;  file
"pri/tintainvisivel.com.br";   };
zone "."                        in  { type hint;    file
               };
zone "100.225.200.in-addr.arpa" in  { type master;  file
.200";             };
zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa"     in  { type master;  file
               };

;pri/100.225.200

@ in soa ns1.tintainvisivel.com.br. mseq.tintainvisivel.com.br. (
                                2000090401      ;serial
                                3600            ;refresh
                                1800            ;retry
                                604800          ;expiration
                                3600 )          ;minimum

IN  NS  ns1.tintainvisivel.com.br.
IN  NS  ns2.tintainvisivel.com.br.

66  IN  PTR pdc.tintainvisivel.com.br.
67  IN  PTR webserver.tintainvisivel.com.br.
68  IN  PTR apache.tintainvisivel.com.br.
77  IN  PTR mseq.tintainvisivel.com.br.
89  IN  PTR website.tintainvisivel.com.br.

;pri/tintainvisivel.com.br

@ IN SOA tintainvisivel.com.br. mseq.tintainvisivel.com.br. (
                                2000090402      ;serial
                                3600            ;refresh