Cache still not expiring...

Stephen Amadei amadei at dandy.net
Thu Sep 7 16:09:59 UTC 2000

Hey guys... resending my question, hoping it will generate some more
suggestions.

Anyway, I have a reseller who keeps moving hosts and ips on a separate
network from mine.  Then since his customers use my dial-up and DNS, they
are not seeing the DNS changes right away.  In fact, sometimes it takes
days... usually until I rehup my named for a DNS change on my
network.  His complain is that our DNS returns old cached data for days
after other DNS server's (Uu.net, Digex, MSN, etc.) serve up the fresh
data.

My bind is 8.2.2-P5, it's hostname is ns.dandy.net.  The last hostname
change that has taken awhile is missamerica.org.  Interestingly, the host
name www.missamerica.org resolves correctly.  Why is my name server not
discarded stale cache data?

Thanx in advance.

					----Steve