ns_forw problem...

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Sep 12 00:27:34 UTC 2000

> I have one zone in my DNS that is acting quite wacky - - it is in my
> named.conf and everything - however when ever named loads up =- this
> error is stated in my logs:

	I suspect that you have a typo is the zone name, a syntax
	error in named.conf or you are having trouble transfering
	the zone as NS.EZN.NET doesn't think it is serving
	frontiertechnology.net.

> Sep 11 17:23:17 ns named[6665]: ns_forw: query(frontiertechnology.net)
> contains our address (NS.xxx.NET:63.85.xxx.xx)
>
> {sorry for the xxx's but it's for security reasons.}

	Did you really think that xxx out the information would
	prevent anyone with the slightest knowledge of what the
	error means from deducing what was originally there.  Also
	hiding information could get you the wrong answer as
	mis-configurations can be sublte.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.