Re-writing RFC1918 addresses? [Was: Re: Looking for way to mark a zone no-xfer for a sub-domain .]

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Sep 11 17:09:40 UTC 2000

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 03:54:01AM -0700, Bill Manning wrote:
> 	The kicker is that RFC 1918 addresses in email headers
> 	are -NOT- filtered by NATs/Firewalls and so escape into
> 	the Internet. They ought to be re-written at the ALG.

ISTM that that is a debatable opinion.  I'm not clear on why you
believe this - I can imagine, but I would rather have you specify which
header lines you are talking about, what problems this would cause, and
what justification there is for overwriting valid tracking information
or addressing lines.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B