Bind 8.2.2p5 on NT stops responding - HELP PLEASE!!!

Quadri, Jay Jay.Quadri at gmk.cwplc.com
Mon Sep 11 12:07:31 UTC 2000

You need to send a copy of your C:\metaip\dns\named.conf file, what version
of MetaIP you are using,  is it 4.1.  what NT service pack.

have you got zone query restriction set-up?

do you have an A record for the origin, if not, make a new A Record and use
the "@" to name it and then the IP for which it should resolve.  This should
take care of your troubles.  Also sounds like you manually edit you zone
files as oppose to using the Java GUI interface,  What happens is that every
time you make a change manually, the update
and restart are overwriting the changes made.  This will cause the situation
of having to manually redo the changes each time.    You have provided very
little info to go by.  Do some test from the server itself as oppose to
remote testing, there might also be a packet filter or firewall in the way.