h2n Script Doesn't Create Default TTL Record

Delmer Harris dharris at kcp.com
Wed Sep 13 13:11:02 UTC 2000

Andris:

Very nice.  Unfortunately some necessary (to me) functionality of the ISC
h2n appears to be broken in the version which you referenced.
Specifically,
1) the -y option (to set the serial number based on the date) is not
available,
2) the -v 4|8 option (to set either Version 4 or Version 8 format) has been
replaced by a domain integrity verification (minor problem), and
3) the hosts file must use FQDNs for primary names, so my present hosts
file will not work.

2 & 3 are avoidable as I only plan on supporting Version 8 and I can
recreate my hosts files with FQDNs.  1 will cause me some problems.

Andris Kalnozols <andris at hpl.hp.com> on 09/13/2000 02:26:59 AM