Problems resolution names.

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 13 22:48:13 UTC 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 05:15:18PM -0500, Rafael Cruz M. wrote:
> I have configures with "forward only" but in this case I got the internet
> server with an IP valid in Internet, wich belong to a subnet assigned by my
> ISP, but at the same time the subnet belong to a NAT IP pull configures
> directly in the router.

I don't understand.

Try using simple sentences.

I got this:
	The configuration contains "forward only".
	There is an Internet server - no idea what it is serving.
	The Internet server has a public Internet IP address.
	This public Internet IP address is part of a subnet assigned
	you by your ISP.
	This same public Internet subnet belongs to something.
	"Something" has to do with NAT, IP, and a router that has not
	previously been mentioned.

> Is ther any problem with this case for DNS ???

The problem I was pointing out in your BIND configuration.  If you
forward, you MUST tell 'named' the IP address of the server to which
you are forwarding!  E.g., the firewall between your internal network
and the outside, or your ISP's name server.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B