can't create/delete zones

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Sep 14 16:56:29 UTC 2000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 02:44:55PM +0200, Pierfranco Bini wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
>     I have SuSE 6.4 (BIND 8.2.2-P5) and it seems I can't add or delete zones
> anymore.
> I had the same Linux on another box of the same kind (NetFinity 4000R) and
> when I had to change box I just copied the whole bunch of zones from a
> machine to another and everything worked fine.
> But since then I can't add new zones nor remove existing ones (but I can
> change serial and entries within zone files)...
> Any clue?
>
> TIA
>
> Pierfranco Bini
> Italian Web - Reggio Emilia
> Italy
> bini at sedoc.it

You must add or delete the zones in your /etc/named.conf file, and then
restart or reload your name server daemon ['named'].

If this does not work, check the file in your init.d directory that
starts and re-starts 'named'.  It may be passing it the name of a
different configuration file.

If you mean you can't even add new zone files or delete old zone files,
then you need to check the permissions on the directory that holds
those files.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B