BIND 4 Pri and BIND 8 Sec

ermc at sph.com.sg ermc at sph.com.sg
Fri Sep 15 00:49:25 UTC 2000

My PC is  running NT Svc Pak 5 and BIND 8 I am using is 8.2.2P5

                    Joseph S D
                    Yao                  To:     ermc at sph.com.sg
                    <jsdy at cospo.o        cc:     bind-users at isc.org
                    sis.gov>             Subject:     Re: BIND 4 Pri and BIND 8 Sec

                    14/09/2000
                    11:50 PM

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 10:16:31AM +0800, ermc at sph.com.sg wrote:
> converted my bind 4 using named-bootconf.pl to bind 8. My pri and sec
runs
> on UNIX
>
> Funny thing is that my PC can resolve only after the sec or pri DNS has
> resolved.
>
> Any advice?

If your PC is making a recursive query, then the name server should
respond just as if it had gotten the original query directly from the
resolver libraries [which make recursive queries].  So, no, I don't
have any advice.  I think I've seen this before, but I'm not sure what
if anything I did to fix it.  Do you have the latest BIND and the
latest version [AKA service pack] of whatever OS you are running on the
PC [which you don't specify]?

--
Joe Yao                  jsdy at cospo.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                        EMT-B

NOTE: Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible
this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email. All opinions, conclusions and other
information expressed in this message not of an official nature shall
not be deemed as given or endorsed by SPH unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.

This mail was processed by Mail essentials for Exchange/SMTP,
the email security & management gateway. Mail essentials adds
content checking, email encryption, anti spam, anti virus,
attachment compression, personalised auto responders, archiving
and more to your Microsoft Exchange Server or SMTP mail server.
For more information visit http://www.mailessentials.com