My second domain name is recognized by the browser only prefixed with www !!!!

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Sun Sep 17 02:18:15 UTC 2000

If you can ping both names, it is not likely a BIND or DNS issue =
anymore,
so this is not the correct list for it.
You might want to try and ask on an apache list, as people there are
more familiar what you'd have to do inside apache to make this work.

Off-hand I would think that apache has been told to only serve the =
virtual server
'www.otherdoamin.com' and not 'otherdomain.com', ie it is simply an =
omission
in the apache configuration..

mathias

> Hello,
> Probably this is not the proper forum to post such a question but I =
think
> this is related to.
> Thanks to the help of the people of this list I setup my first domain =
name
> and this works finely.
> When I tried with the second one (otherdomain.com registered with
> networksolutions) I had to do a virtual hosting and I got a=20
> strange problem:
>=20
> Even if  both  www.otherdomain.com  and otherdomain.com are=20
> resolved ( I can
> ping them from anywhere), my browser recognizse only=20
> www.otherdomain.com and
> not other otherdomain.com.
> That is pretty strange and I didn't find anyhing in the Apache and =
Linux 6