MX Question with Bind 8.2.2

Michel, Robert rmichel at CVDDS.com
Tue Sep 19 14:43:50 UTC 2000

I'm rather new to working with BIND. I want to set up two MX records. I
have one set up for cvdds.com, but I want to set one up for
mail2.cvdds.com to point to a different machine. Is this possible, if so
how. I didn't see where it could but done, but I didn't see where it
could. Also, I've noticed another curiousity, it seems that some other
DNS servers (not mine) only spiratically resolve my domain, but if I
switch to another outside DNS server, it resolves fine. Sometimes they
will switch the dns1 and web server's IPs, etc. I think something is
wrong with my record, but not sure what. Its below. Any help would be
appreciated.=20

@       IN      SOA     cvdds.com. rmichel.cvdds.com. (
                                      2000091806 ; Serial
                                      14400      ; Refresh
                                      14400      ; Retry
                                      3600000    ; Expire
                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
                NS      ns
                MX      10 mail
;
                A       207.16.190.29
ns              A       207.16.190.29
mail            A       207.16.190.29
dns1            A       216.29.176.11
web             A       216.29.176.10
www             CNAME   ns

Thanks!=20

Rob Michel, CCNA, CCDA, MCSE, CNA, Network+

CVD Data Services
136 Commerce Blvd.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45140
513-683-6270 x 2917 (voice)