sysquery: nlookup error on ?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Apr 4 16:12:03 UTC 2001

>>>>> "rick" == rick  <rbugman at erols.com> writes:

    rick> I'm new, I've check around but no luck in finding what this
    rick> means.  I followed the DNS faq to setup but I get alot of
    rick> these errors.  Any idea's or direction to point me?  Thanks,

It means your name server is unable to look up the root zone. This
could be a connectivity problem: say a firewall blocks the server's
queries to the root name servers. A more likely explanation is that
you've not set up a proper hints zone{} statement for the root zone.