"ls" doesn't work for nslookup

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Apr 4 23:02:06 UTC 2001

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 12:40:42AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	I strongly suspect that if the functionality of "nslookup" is
> ever carried forward in the future, it will be done based on "dig",
> and may in fact simply be a shell-script wrapper.

Already started, in BIND 9.  However, the initial output of the program
reads:

"Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing."

and there are a number of things that it does not yet do.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B