named.run stat file - how to eliminate

Thomas Duterme thomas at madeforchina.com
Thu Apr 5 02:18:11 UTC 2001

Hi every one,

My FreeBSD server which is running Bind 8.2.3 seems to
really want to output a named.run file which explodes in
size.  I don't want this file.  (don't use it for anything
and it just eats disk really)

Is there any way to turn this off.  I would have thought the
default pointing to null would've done that, but it has not.

logging {
        channel my_file {
                file "/var/log/named/lame.log";
                severity dynamic;