URL Forwarding

joseph lang tcnojl1 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 20:36:30 UTC 2001

Fritsch Jonathan D CONT PSNS wrote:

>   What do I need to modify so that if a user tries to go to
> www.microsoft.com or the ipaddress of microsoft.com, DNS will automatically
> forward them to my internal web server.
>
> Thank You,
>   Jonathan

If your trying to make the microsoft.com domain unreachable from your
network all you need do is add a "microsoft.com" zone to your internal
DNS servers. when a user asks your DNS servers for an address in
mocrosoft.com your servers being athorative for mocrosoft will answer
from the local data. send them wherever you like!
I have no idea why you would want to do this, but it's your network.
I use this to rid myself of annoying doubleclick ads.

joe lang