How do you force the source port?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Apr 6 20:37:22 UTC 2001

Masters don't "update" slaves, in the sense of initiating DNS transactions to
them. Zone transfers take the form of a query from the slave (of type AXFR or
IXFR), and a series of response packets from the master. Since the query is
always sent to port 53, that's the source address of the AXFR/IXFR response
packets.

What exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish here? Maybe there's a
better way.

- Kevin