minor tangent: source of queries

Ian Watts ian at radix.net
Sat Apr 7 22:28:59 UTC 2001

I'll look into their setup of NES, as long as they are willing to humor
me.  The part I found curious was that the webserver would send a query
for the same address over and over again approximately every milisecond,
sending a total of 45 identical queries in a span of 40 ms.

I'm at home right now and can't provide a log snippet, but I would have
thought that it would just send one query for a given address and wait for
a response.  Maybe it's querying for the one address for each element of a
page that gets loaded.  I think I'll do a little testing and see what I
can turn up.

-- Ian