very few log messages from bind 9

Denis Barbet barbet at lyon.cemagref.fr
Wed Apr 11 14:19:59 UTC 2001

Bonjour,

We have just upgraded bind V8.22 to  V9.1.1 on a DU4.0f.

At the first hours, the log messages were ok (zone loaded, etc...) like
with bind 8 even when we  restarted the named daemon.

But now we only have these types of messages when we restarted named :

Apr 11 15:50:02 noe /usr/sbin/named[2078]: loading configuration from
'/etc/namedb/named.conf'
Apr 11 15:50:02 noe /usr/sbin/named[2078]: no IPv6 interfaces found

And we have also only lame server messages on logs  (no message about zone

So i have some questions :

1)  is bind well loaded ?        (mails  are ok, when i make a dig  serer
it is also ok)
2) if you think bind is not loaded or well loaded, what would be the cause ?
3) if you think bind is well loaded, why can't i get any more messages in
the  log file ?

thanks for your answer.
Best Regards

denis Barbet

Denis Barbet

denis.barbet at cemagref.fr                Cemagref de Lyon (France)
tel  : +33 (0) 4 72 20 87 60               Division Hydrologie Hydraulique

La reponse est oui, mais rappelez moi la question ?....