startup, boot vs manually

Benarson Behajaina Benarson.Behajaina at swh.sk
Wed Apr 11 19:31:11 UTC 2001

Bill Larson wrote:

> Another possibility, maybe when starting named at boot time your
> networking is not totally configured and you can't reach any of the
> root name servers.

You are right, there are problems about networking during the
boot time.

So thanks, for your help, I'll check out the firewall,
routing etc during the boot time.

> What info does your log file give you?

from my /var/log/messages

Apr 11 21:03:33 ns1 /usr/sbin/named[542]: starting BIND 9.1.0
Apr 11 21:03:33 ns1 /usr/sbin/named[542]: using 1 CPU
Apr 11 21:03:33 ns1 /usr/sbin/named[544]: loading configuration from '/usr/etc/named.conf'
Apr 11 21:03:33 ns1 /usr/sbin/named[544]: the default for the 'auth-nxdomain' option is now 'no'

it seems that evrything is OK.

I'll try to make my network connectivity allright.

thanks,

Benarson Behajaina