Sub Domain Delegation (newbie)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 11 22:08:18 UTC 2001

First of all, this is a BIND newsgroup/mailing-list. Is BIND anywhere in this
picture? Is it implicated in the problem you're having?

Generally speaking, if a nameserver is configured to be authoritative for
hot.rod.com, and mustang.hot.rod.com is a valid name in the zone, and a client
can't resolve mustang.hot.rod.com even when it specifies it explicitly and is
pointed directly to the authoritative server, then I'd say the nameserver is
broken.

If you want names in hot.rod.com to be resolved even by *other* nameservers
besides the one(s) which are authoritative for it, then the most
straightforward way to accomplish this is to delegate hot.rod.com as a
subzone.

- Kevin