Forward Lookup

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Apr 12 19:30:45 UTC 2001

I think this person is confused. nslookup automagically turns a forward
(name-to-address) lookup into a reverse (address-to-name) lookup whenever it
recognizes the queried name as being an IP address.

Have them try turning on "debug" in nslookup, which will reveal that nslookup
is actually making a *reverse* lookup under the covers. Then, hopefully, they
will realize the error of their ways...

- Kevin