BIND vs DNS Commander

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Apr 15 11:43:26 UTC 2001

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 09:43:35PM +0000, Adren Kerr wrote:
> I'm a diehard fan of BIND, but upper management has decreed that "vi" is too
> tough to handle.  "DNS Commander" seems to be their ideal GUI-based
> solution.
>
> Does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) with a software
> package called "DNS Commander"?

If they MUST have a GUI, get someone out to demo Lucent's QIP for you --
but expect quite a bit of work and MONEY to get it up and running.

It's pretty impressive software, considering that it has a number of
shell scripts and an API for integration to other products.  Cost is a
very large factor with it, though.

You could also show them Webmin's GUI for DNS.  It may or may not be
suitable.

If you want more information about my company's recent evaluation
process (and why we finally decided a "roll your own" solution fit our
needs best), feel free to e-mail me off-line.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>