(no subject)

Rick Fotino rfotino at netnumber.com
Mon Apr 16 15:08:01 UTC 2001

 Solaris starts the bundled in.named from /etc/init.d/inetsvc.
 In starting in.named, the inetsvc script checks for the existence
 of both /usr/sbin/in.named and /etc/named.conf.

 A simple way to disable the startup of this process is to
 remove or otherwise change the name of either of the above
 to files. (i.e. mv named.conf named.conf.bundled)

 One thing to watch out for is the placement of your 'named'
 startup scripts within rc2.d (if you choose to place them
 there). The scripts (or really, the hardlinks) should be
 named S73 or higher to avoid network problems during startup.
 We normally place our named startup script in /etc/init.d/named
 and hardlink to it from S73named and K73named respectively.