Vanilla Bind 9.1.1 Zone File

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 18 20:00:52 UTC 2001

Did you read doc/misc/migration? It outlines some of the things you need
to know when upgrading from BIND 8 to BIND 9. The main things are that
the $TTL directive is now mandatory (practically speaking), and that
various illegal stuff like multiple-CNAMEs, "CNAME and other data", etc.
are now fatal errors and will cause the zone to not load.

If you've been watching your BIND 8.2.3 logs and fixing the errors that
are reported, you should have no problems migrating.

AFAIK, the logging in BIND 9 is basically the same as for BIND 8.2.3. Are
you having a specific problem with it?

- Kevin