Delegating in-addr.arpa

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 18 21:21:55 UTC 2001

Vince Valenti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running BIND 8.2.3.  My ISP is delegating 20.163.206.in-addr.arpa to
> my nameserver.  How can I re-delegate this to one of my customers?  I've
> tried everything I can think of, but I'm missing something.

Do you want the *whole* zone to be delegated to your customer? Just tell
your ISP to change the delegation records.

If you want to only delegate *part* of the zone, that's a different story.
Read RFC 2317 and/or search the archives of this list for "classless",
"in-addr.arpa", "delegation" or combinations of those terms.