All kinds of problems! HELP - First time setup

Edward Perry edperry at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 19 02:06:37 UTC 2001

I am setting up a bind 9.11 server - first time I have ever set one up - =
I am using my works setup
as a guide line but I can seem to figure out why I can not resolve.=20

The named-check - says OK
the Named-checkconf  - says ok
And the /var/adm/messages from syslogd says the server starts just fine, =
but when I do a nslookup I either get all of my root DNS server from =
named.root or
if I set "set q=3Dany" it tells me that I am at is non-authoritative =
????

I can query any other domain from my dns server and of course I am =
non-authoritative.

Can any one help. I have included my named.conf, 2 basic zone, my rev =
zone files and my resolv.conf. I do not control my reverse domain of my =
ip's but have requested to have them changed to ns or =
ns2.myroadhouse.net..

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ed

-- Type: application/octet-stream