reverse dns and broken delegations

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 18 22:21:31 UTC 2001

Okay, first of all, note that the delegations for 238.215.216.in-addr.arpa and the NS record in the zone itself, are mismatched If
plusweb.com is going to run all of the authoritative servers for this zone, then this should be reflected in the delegations from the
in-addr.arpa servers. There is no such thing as "re-delegating" a zone. That's a myth. Fix the delegation records. Oh, by the way,
plusweb.com will have to cough up at least one more nameserver, since a minimum of 2 are required.

Now, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? Volatility? The TTL on the record is set to 1 minute, so you should already have that.
For some reason, ns.trivergent.net has a much longer TTL than 1 minute for the record. Have you recently changed it? Eventually, that stale
record will expire from its cache.

                                                                                                                    - Kevin