Problem with 9.1.1

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Sat Apr 21 21:21:11 UTC 2001

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 6:08 PM -0300 4/17/01, Federico Bockel wrote:
>
> >  (The 3 servers are dedicated to ns, all of them have 768 mb ram each)
>
>         This should be more than enough.  Even if you were a gTLD
> nameserver, I can't imagine that you would need 768MB of RAM to
> handle the job,

	Then your imagination is inadequate by more than half.

> and it is my understanding that busy caching
> nameservers stabilize today somewhere slightly north of about 256MB
> of RAM for the named process.

	This is a function of how many end users looking up how many zones. There
is nothing to say it would limit itself at 256M.

Doug
--
"One thing they don't tell you about doing experimental physics is that
sometimes you must work under adverse conditions ... like a state of