bind 9.1.1: failing zone tranfers

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sun Apr 22 23:14:24 UTC 2001

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded bind from bind 8.2.3 to 9.1.1.
>
> I've dfined a primary zone and many slave zones (51 total).
> The masters aof the Slave-zones are accessible over dialup network. This
> worked fine with 8.2.3 bot not with 9.1.1.
>
> Zone transfers fail with: "refresh_callback: zone ...: failure for ...:
> timed out"
> This messages appear 12 sec after the dialup connection has been
> established.
>
> I've set transfers-in to 100 but this didn't make any difference.
>
> Any hints, what to look for ?

	Yes, your dial on demand software is dropping the packet
	or took too long to establish the link.

	If you see "refresh_callback: zone ...: retries exceeded",
	then you can start to worry as none of the SOA queries got
	through.  Even then this is not a major problem unless it
	continues.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.