Newbie - Logs bind 8.2.3 on MacOS X 10.0.1

Sir postroad at mediaone.net
Tue Apr 24 04:14:58 UTC 2001

Yes, OSX is based on BSD, however, it has been very seriously manipulated.
Heck, the Beta version didn't even use the /etc/hosts file.  I don't think
apple wants to join the open source community. They just want people to
write their software who aren't on the payroll.  Ask them to release the
code for the GUI with standard open source licensing.  Wouldn't it be great
to see a directory full of souce distributions and binaries at
ftp.apple.com;

MacOSX.tar.gz
MacOSX.solaris7.tar.gz
MacOSX.FreeBSD4.tar.gz
MacOSX.Intelx86.tar.gz

I would recommend breathing in the mean time. Can you tell I've been admin
of a high end Mac network for 6 years. I've got a lot of axes to grind. A
total lack of anything resembling support for one.