Problem with 9.1.1

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Apr 24 22:20:28 UTC 2001

At 9:45 AM -0700 4/24/01, Doug Barton wrote:

>                                              Also, I stand by my statement
>  that there are no artificial restrictions that prevent the cache from
>  growing past that. I can think of several situations that don't fall into a
>  "normal" usage pattern that could create a resolver pattern that far
>  exceeds what human users might do, no matter how many of them there are.

	The authors of BIND have told us that it is designed to stabilize
its cache size after one week of operation.  While this does not
place any specific limitations on the size that the named process can
grow to, it does tell us that if a very busy caching nameserver
stabilizes at a particular size, you're unlikely to find any other
caching nameservers that are likely to need much more memory than
that.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */